Skip to main content

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear



Authors Note:
Source. Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913).
I really liked the description of the monster in the tale, and it made me want to write a rhyme describing a monster in detail. I hope you enjoy!!

How can one capture the horror?
For this description is no snorer.

I speak of a beast
Who enjoys to feast.

His hunger is only satisfied by the juicy flesh of many a human being.
When mortal souls look upon him you know they are peeing.

To give you an idea of his features that are so chilling.
With simply a glance they could sure be killing.

He is truly grim to behold.
On him grows plenty of mold.

Gazing into his blood red piercing eyes
Could result in one’s demise.

His skin was grey as ash,
But he’s a messy eater so there is a red splash.

With a mouth like a chasm,
He uses his powerful jaws with enthusiasm.

This mouth reeked of decay.
This is from his rotting prey.

His teeth are as eager as his gut.
They break bones as easy as a chestnut.

From the darkness his rotting teeth gleamed.
It is much worse than you can even dream.

The fangs matched the sharpness of his horns.
They covered his body like a stem of thorns.

He also happens to be morbidly obese
And completely covered in thick grease.

There are folds and folds of weighing skin,
And he doesn’t have just one chin.

For the second protruded farther than the first.
It looks like at any moment it could burst.

I should also mention his hands.
Some nights bring strong demands

When the moon light reaches its peak,
Hands are drawn to what they seek.

From dawn to dusk this beast grows in hunger.
Those very hands grab those who are younger.

In the night their screams are hushed,
And into the belly their bodies are rushed.

Muffled panic silences the room.
Only two are aware of apparent doom.

First light proves true for the empty bed.

Parents are filled with the ultimate dread.




Comments

  1. Hi Brittany! I love the image you chose for your story! It gave me a good laugh whenever I was scrolling through the timeline and saw it. When I was reading your story/poem, I couldn't help picture the thumb-looking dude as the monster. Anyways, good job with your story! You used a lot of descriptive imagery, so it was easy to conjure up this horrible monster. I loved that you had everything rhyme too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany!

    This story was such a fun read. I love that you chose to do a rhyme/poem style to retell this story. So creative! I've also been drawn to more of a poetry style story, so that's cool that you are too. When you said, "There are folds and folds of weighing skin,
    And he doesn’t have just one chin. For the second protruded farther than the first.
    It looks like at any moment it could burst." I laughed out loud! I love the imagery and description throughout this whole piece! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem/rhyme is a great refresher to remind me that I have so many options to use for my own storytelling! I love that. Maybe my next story will also be a poem, thanks to you! The way you told the story is so artistic and after reading your introduction, it's no wonder you have a way with words and art itself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy Brittany,
    That was an absolute riot. It’s awesome you went the poem route, I feel like these stories really lend themselves to that means of retelling, but it’s rarely attempted because of how tricky it can be. It’s awesome to get the chance to read one of those poem style retellings and you did a great job, I’m hoping you keep this style rolling as the semester goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Britanny!

    This was a really fun story to read, and I liked how you used rhyming couplets, which gave the story a unique twist. One thing I would say is to keep your formatting consistent, since the font changes throughout the story and there is a space between the two lines in the last couplet. Other than that, I really liked how you wrote this and I'm excited to read more things from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brittany,

    I read one of your other stories, and this one is just as good. I really want to know how you come up with all of these rhymes. It's a real talent of yours!
    You also picked a wonderful picture-it got me to click on your story (meme's are so handy!). I smiled the whole time I was reading this, and I can't wait to see what else you do this semester (I'm going to look for your storybook!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brittany,

    I'm going to be honest, your picture is what drew me into reading this story lol. However, I always like when people take the time to write a poem that tells the story. I'm no where near creative enough to do that because it would take me hours, but you did such a great job, and the rhyming is too good! Like I said, I imagine it would be hard to come up with a poem that still captures the essence of a story, but you did a great job doing so! Thanks for taking the time to write an awesome poem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Comment Wall: Meme My website

Introduction To A Disney Life, Week 1

A Little Bit About Me: -Major: Bio Pre-PA -Minor: Studio Art -I am a junior -I studied abroad last summer in Italy -I Have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world. We have been dating for almost 8 years! We started dating at the end of 7th grade.(Yes we did win cutest couple in high school. (This was 2012 when we first started dating.) (This is not a wedding photo it was our 6 year anniversary) -I am on my third round of listening to Harry Potter in less than a year -All I listen to is Disney music -I am in love with musicals! (Les Miserable, Little Shop of Horrors, Annie are some of my favorites) -Fun Fact: I saw the movie Annie (1982 version) so many times as a child that I thought that they were my memories and would scream in public places "I WANT MY REAL FAMILY!"  -One of my biggest dreams is to have kids and give them the most magical childhoods possible: I really want to take my kids to Disney World as much as possible in costumes that I w