Skip to main content

Week 2 Story

Week 2 Story:


Bibliography: The Goblin City: Story by Author: W. H. D. Rouse

I used the same storyline but I turned it into a rhyme.


Once upon a time...


The city of Ceylon was oh so large

and the female Goblins were in charge.

There were no other creatures

and they had many disgusting features.

These she-goblins were often married

yet their husbands would soon be buried.

For not in the ground would they reside

but inside the stomach of their bride.

This means that they were often looking for new meat

little did the men know that they really should fleet.

For often men who ventured here never left

for the goblins would steal life like a theft.

One day a ship of 500 men crashed their shore

and the goblins welcomed them with an open door.

Soon these men had new wives

not knowing that they hungered to take their lives.

Unsuspecting were these men until

a man woke up against his will.

Through the window he saw his wife chewing

and he knew something bad must be brewing.

In her teeth he saw flesh

it looked to be quite fresh.

He also heard a tune

and it made him want to swoon.

For the lyrics were not so pleasant

it made him question his decisions of the present.

For she sang of mans meat that goblins like to eat

and the man knew he must think quick on his feet.

The man pretended to slumber

the next morning the news he must cumber.

Some men believed while others refused

they could not accept what the man had accused.

They needed a means to try to get away

but they came up short and decided to pray.

Their prayers were answered by the arrival of fairies

for the goblins and fairies were adversaries.

To get them to safety they had to shrink

they could have been eaten in a wink.

Their new size allowed them to fly

on the back of a horse with wings in the sky.

Those who stayed behind did not last long

they discovered that they were wrong.


















Comments

  1. Hi Brittany,
    What a great rhyme! The rhythm is very good, too. I would not be able to rhyme like this and keep it steady. What made you want to do a poem? Any specific reason why you want to do this story? I think what would make this even better is if you added a small detail that would make a story unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany,

    I thought this was very entertaining. I would never be able to write something like this without making it sound very cheesy. Being able to adapt the storyline into a rhyme scheme takes a special type of talent that I don't have. Maybe for your story you could make like a series of short poems of the Ramayana.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Comment Wall: Meme My website

Introduction To A Disney Life, Week 1

A Little Bit About Me: -Major: Bio Pre-PA -Minor: Studio Art -I am a junior -I studied abroad last summer in Italy -I Have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world. We have been dating for almost 8 years! We started dating at the end of 7th grade.(Yes we did win cutest couple in high school. (This was 2012 when we first started dating.) (This is not a wedding photo it was our 6 year anniversary) -I am on my third round of listening to Harry Potter in less than a year -All I listen to is Disney music -I am in love with musicals! (Les Miserable, Little Shop of Horrors, Annie are some of my favorites) -Fun Fact: I saw the movie Annie (1982 version) so many times as a child that I thought that they were my memories and would scream in public places "I WANT MY REAL FAMILY!"  -One of my biggest dreams is to have kids and give them the most magical childhoods possible: I really want to take my kids to Disney World as much as possible in costumes that I w

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear Meme Authors Note: Source .   Indian Myth and Legend   by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913). I really liked the description of the monster in the tale, and it made me want to write a rhyme describing a monster in detail. I hope you enjoy!! How can one capture the horror? For this description is no snorer. I speak of a beast Who enjoys to feast. His hunger is only satisfied by the juicy flesh of many a human being. When mortal souls look upon him you know they are peeing. To give you an idea of his features that are so chilling. With simply a glance they could sure be killing. He is truly grim to behold. On him grows plenty of mold. Gazing into his blood red piercing eyes Could result in one’s demise. His skin was grey as ash, But he’s a messy eater so there is a red splash. With a mouth like a chasm, He uses his powerful jaws with enthusiasm. This mouth reeked of decay. This is from his rotting prey