Skip to main content

Week 3 Story

Week 3 Story:


SourceIndian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie
This story was inspired by the line "swallow the sun" in the story Battle with Khara. I got the idea of something actually swallowing the sun. I needed a character to swallow the sun so my first thought was darkness. I like how Pixar makes inanimate alive. So, I thought about how darkness must feel. 



Darkness has been around for all of the time. Every day he resides in the cracks, every day he lurks under the beds, and every day he remains anywhere that he can stay hidden. When the moon lays upon the sky, he swallows the sun so that he can spread for relief and finally be free. Darkness got tired of always having to hide. So, one day, he decided he didn’t want to spit out the sun from deep within his tummy. All that he wanted was to stay out and play. He wanted to be able to be alongside all the kids. He always wanted all of those fun activities like riding bicycles and going swimming. But when the light didn’t come neither did all the children. He waited and waited but no one came, and after a while, he started peeking in the windows to see what was going on. He was so surprised to see how sad all the children were. They were so sad that they couldn’t go out and play. Darkness didn’t want them to feel sad as sadness was all too familiar to Darkness. He decided that their happiness was worth saving. He allowed the sun to once again shine bright, but this meant that darkness was forced back into his lonely world, the cracks, corners, and closets where he is forced to reside. He was reduced again to peeking through with loneliness in his eyes and vicariously experiencing joy through those who experienced the light. The light never realized how sad darkness was. The light started to try to think of a solution that could help make him happy. Finally, the light had the idea of a shadow. If darkness could experience the light while still getting to be himself. So, when the sun was rising light gifted darkness with shadow. Darkness finally got to be a part of the world he always yearning to be a part of.

Comments

  1. Hello Brittany,
    I really liked how you personified darkness and made us feel bad for him. It was an interesting choice to make darkness seem almost childlike, but I think that it made it easier for the reader to sympathize with the darkness. I also liked that even though the darkness wronged the light, the light still pitied the darkness and helped him experience daytime and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brittany! I like how you personified both light and darkness, but you moved outside of the realm of right and wrong. You instead made the more human by showing their desires in an understanding light! I also really enjoyed that you incorporated their resolution to help explain shadows within the world. It’s definitely a believable story. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Comment Wall: Meme My website

Introduction To A Disney Life, Week 1

A Little Bit About Me: -Major: Bio Pre-PA -Minor: Studio Art -I am a junior -I studied abroad last summer in Italy -I Have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world. We have been dating for almost 8 years! We started dating at the end of 7th grade.(Yes we did win cutest couple in high school. (This was 2012 when we first started dating.) (This is not a wedding photo it was our 6 year anniversary) -I am on my third round of listening to Harry Potter in less than a year -All I listen to is Disney music -I am in love with musicals! (Les Miserable, Little Shop of Horrors, Annie are some of my favorites) -Fun Fact: I saw the movie Annie (1982 version) so many times as a child that I thought that they were my memories and would scream in public places "I WANT MY REAL FAMILY!"  -One of my biggest dreams is to have kids and give them the most magical childhoods possible: I really want to take my kids to Disney World as much as possible in costumes that I w

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear Meme Authors Note: Source .   Indian Myth and Legend   by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913). I really liked the description of the monster in the tale, and it made me want to write a rhyme describing a monster in detail. I hope you enjoy!! How can one capture the horror? For this description is no snorer. I speak of a beast Who enjoys to feast. His hunger is only satisfied by the juicy flesh of many a human being. When mortal souls look upon him you know they are peeing. To give you an idea of his features that are so chilling. With simply a glance they could sure be killing. He is truly grim to behold. On him grows plenty of mold. Gazing into his blood red piercing eyes Could result in one’s demise. His skin was grey as ash, But he’s a messy eater so there is a red splash. With a mouth like a chasm, He uses his powerful jaws with enthusiasm. This mouth reeked of decay. This is from his rotting prey