Skip to main content

Week 6 Story: My Hunger is Unsatisfied

My Hunger is Unsatisfied:


I always wore my chastity with pride.
This all changed when I became a bride.

The consummation of my marriage changed me so much.
I had an awakening with his touch

I guess in the beginning I came off to strong.
I think maybe the wait was too long.

I was not my husband first.
I feel like this may have been a curse.

My husband decided that his sexual hunger was quenched.
This is bad news because I am always drenched.

What is a girl to do? When she has been left all alone?
And a husband who no longer wants to bone...

I loathe the idea of parting!
Our fire was just starting!

I protest this insanity!
He must have NO humanity!

My craving for flesh is not satisfied.
Actually, they are ever amplified!

There is no tragedy parallel to what I'm facing. 
I don't have my man that I am used to embracing.

So, now I am single.
I am left to mingle.

But, I want a man NOW!
I am about to have a cow.

I decided to pray to fulfill my severe need.
I crossed my fingers God could have some speed.

I prayed to God:
""Give me a husband,
 give me a husband, 
give me a husband, 
give me a husband, 
give me a husband."

The next day to my amazement five brothers wanted my hand.
I could not help but think to myself, "How grand!"

With five husbands I can be content.
This is a one eighty that I have under-went.

Now, all of my needs are met.
I have no reason to fret.

For five husbands keep me very busy,
And if I’m honest a little dizzy.

But, I am loving my new life.
I know that I am the best wife


Authors Note:
This was inspired by The Story of Nalayani by V. Venkatachellam. I thought it would be fun to switch it up and do it in the first person. I was going for funny. I really hope it came across that way. I read the original story and thought that there was potential for it to be retold where you could feel bad for her but also have a laugh.

Comments

  1. Yes! Your goal of making the story funny was a success! I really enjoyed it! Now I need to read the original story. There are a ton of stories about men needing wives/lots of sex, but hardly any about women needing husbands/sex. This made the story really fun. I also enjoyed your rhyming and the style you chose. It worked out really well. The only thing I would change would be the font. It's kinda small and hard to see with the white background, maybe if you made the font thicker/bold it would be easier to read. Thanks for the fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed making this a fun read! I'm always a little skeptical about stories in poem style, but I think that it just amplified the comedy in this one! After reading the story in the Mahabharata, this was an awesome way to tell about some of Nalayani's backstory. I hope you can keep it up with the comedic poems, because this was a very fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brittany! I loved both the effort you put into making such a long poem, and also all the little sexual innuendos you threw in there! It was definitely funny, and so few stories are actually from the woman's point of view. The meme REALLY topped things off, and set the tone for the poem! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Comment Wall: Meme My website

Introduction To A Disney Life, Week 1

A Little Bit About Me: -Major: Bio Pre-PA -Minor: Studio Art -I am a junior -I studied abroad last summer in Italy -I Have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world. We have been dating for almost 8 years! We started dating at the end of 7th grade.(Yes we did win cutest couple in high school. (This was 2012 when we first started dating.) (This is not a wedding photo it was our 6 year anniversary) -I am on my third round of listening to Harry Potter in less than a year -All I listen to is Disney music -I am in love with musicals! (Les Miserable, Little Shop of Horrors, Annie are some of my favorites) -Fun Fact: I saw the movie Annie (1982 version) so many times as a child that I thought that they were my memories and would scream in public places "I WANT MY REAL FAMILY!"  -One of my biggest dreams is to have kids and give them the most magical childhoods possible: I really want to take my kids to Disney World as much as possible in costumes that I w

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear Meme Authors Note: Source .   Indian Myth and Legend   by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913). I really liked the description of the monster in the tale, and it made me want to write a rhyme describing a monster in detail. I hope you enjoy!! How can one capture the horror? For this description is no snorer. I speak of a beast Who enjoys to feast. His hunger is only satisfied by the juicy flesh of many a human being. When mortal souls look upon him you know they are peeing. To give you an idea of his features that are so chilling. With simply a glance they could sure be killing. He is truly grim to behold. On him grows plenty of mold. Gazing into his blood red piercing eyes Could result in one’s demise. His skin was grey as ash, But he’s a messy eater so there is a red splash. With a mouth like a chasm, He uses his powerful jaws with enthusiasm. This mouth reeked of decay. This is from his rotting prey