Skip to main content

Week 11 Story: YOU'ER A LAIR!

Week 11 Story: YOU'ER A LAIR!



Once upon a time...

Brian asked his friend to care for his plough.
He needed to leave for a journey he could not forego.

His friend accepted with delight.
His next actions will begin a fight

The friend sold his plough with no guilt.
He was completely breaking the trust built.

The plough he sold for a great sum
He would do his best not to be dumb.

To cover his but he devised a lie.
Any foul play he would quickly deny.

He was so happy with his new fortune.
Not considering Brain’s misfortune.

When Brian returned he had a question.
He asked it with no hint of aggression.

“What happened to my plough?”
“This is such a terrible woe!”

His friend lied through his teeth.
Under his frown, there was a smile underneath.

He stated how big rat ate it up one night.
Brian knew that something was not right.

This lie did not fool him at all.
He thought to himself that it took a lot of gall.

He was sad that he would do such to a friend.
Brian knew just what to do to make an amend.

He acted as though all were well.
On the matter, he would not dwell.

The next day he took his friends son for a walk.
All they did was talk.

Then Brian dropped him off at his friends home.
He was not to go off and roam.

He needed to stay there until he returned.
The boy felt no reason to be concerned.

When Brian returned without his son.
His friend's temper was completely undone.

He screamed for the location of his boy.
Doing this to his friend did not bring him joy.

His friend wanted to go to a judge.
On the matter, there was no need to budge.

Brian accepted and they went on their way.
His friend had a story so he did convey.

The judge asked if it were true.
The real truth Brian would debut.

He then told the judge about the rat's feast.
This judge was not convinced by the tale in the least.

So his friend confessed to his lie.
Believe it or not, Brian saw him cry!

Brian then brought him his kid.
To do that again his friend forbid.

Now their relationship is quite changed.
Their fondness for each other was quite ranged.




Authors note:
This was not my favorite story to write. It did not flow as easily as some of the other stories I have written. It was difficult for me to convey who was doing what. I tried to fix it by giving one of them a name but I should have made one of them a girl. Overall, I am not proud of this story but at least I finished it andtried to make it better.

Comments

  1. Hi Brittany,
    You should be proud of your story! like you said, its been the hardest one for you to write so far but you were still able to finish it and get it done that is always a win in my book. You overcame the struggle and I believe it is a really good story. It was finished fast, but it was just as entertaining as the original. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Comment Wall: Meme My website

Introduction To A Disney Life, Week 1

A Little Bit About Me: -Major: Bio Pre-PA -Minor: Studio Art -I am a junior -I studied abroad last summer in Italy -I Have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world. We have been dating for almost 8 years! We started dating at the end of 7th grade.(Yes we did win cutest couple in high school. (This was 2012 when we first started dating.) (This is not a wedding photo it was our 6 year anniversary) -I am on my third round of listening to Harry Potter in less than a year -All I listen to is Disney music -I am in love with musicals! (Les Miserable, Little Shop of Horrors, Annie are some of my favorites) -Fun Fact: I saw the movie Annie (1982 version) so many times as a child that I thought that they were my memories and would scream in public places "I WANT MY REAL FAMILY!"  -One of my biggest dreams is to have kids and give them the most magical childhoods possible: I really want to take my kids to Disney World as much as possible in costumes that I w

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear Meme Authors Note: Source .   Indian Myth and Legend   by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913). I really liked the description of the monster in the tale, and it made me want to write a rhyme describing a monster in detail. I hope you enjoy!! How can one capture the horror? For this description is no snorer. I speak of a beast Who enjoys to feast. His hunger is only satisfied by the juicy flesh of many a human being. When mortal souls look upon him you know they are peeing. To give you an idea of his features that are so chilling. With simply a glance they could sure be killing. He is truly grim to behold. On him grows plenty of mold. Gazing into his blood red piercing eyes Could result in one’s demise. His skin was grey as ash, But he’s a messy eater so there is a red splash. With a mouth like a chasm, He uses his powerful jaws with enthusiasm. This mouth reeked of decay. This is from his rotting prey