Skip to main content

Story:Biographical writing: Homecoming

Story: Biographical writing


     Lights shining bright and I can feel the warmth on my skin. My heart is beating so fast I just know it is about to escape my chest. I try not to trip with each step as my heals are sinking into the turf. I can't help but think to myself that I have never had this many people looking at me. Finally, they announce my name when I reach the middle of the field. I could not believe how loud they cheered. It is impossible that they could truly be cheering for me. 

     Let me back up a bit... It is my freshman year of high school. I am sitting in first hour when there is an announcement that we will be voting for homecoming today. I had fun guessing with my friends about whose names would be on the ballot. I figured it would be Sydney, Cameron, or Caitlyn. You know... Someone like super popular. Then in the middle of my pre-ap biology class, the time came to see who there was to vote for. People are passing them down the row and finally, my piece of paper is in front of me. My name was on there. My name. I was in shock... but there it was the second name on the list was definitely mine. There were no other McClanahan's... Of course, my face got red and was trying to remain calm.  I will admit that I voted for myself, but I didn't think I even had a chance it was just cool that I was an option. I had no idea why I would even be an option. My friends were so happy for me and all said that they voted for me! 

     Then as time went on finally the votes were counted and the results were in. I was a freshman so Our results were the first to be announced. They then said, " The freshman homecoming princess iiiiiisssssss.......... BRITTANY MCCLANAHAN!!" I could not believe it. I knew that I had no chance and I won!! The only problem was that boyfriend didn't get to be my homecoming prince.

     The interesting thing about homecoming is that it is a Sadie Hawkins. So, I decided that to make him feel better I can make the homecoming night about him!! The main reason I was so nervous is the night of the homecoming football game I was asking Sam to be my date. We were already a couple but I really wanted it to be special. So, after the crowd cheered my name. The announcer said "Sam would you want to go to the homecoming dance with Brittany?" Over the intercom where the whole college football stadium would hear. I then ran to the bleachers and gave him a football that sai Homecoming? and a red rose. Then he answered. Of course, he said yes!
     
     He will still randomly say to me how big that was for him. It makes me feel so good knowing that I could help him feel so special and loved because he makes me feel that way every day.

Author's Note: 
I chose to do biographical writing. I think it is cool to share some of my experiences so you guys can understand me more. I personally love my love story that I get to live with Sam and think that I have a couple of stories worth telling. I hope it was interesting and thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Comment Wall: Meme My website

Introduction To A Disney Life, Week 1

A Little Bit About Me: -Major: Bio Pre-PA -Minor: Studio Art -I am a junior -I studied abroad last summer in Italy -I Have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world. We have been dating for almost 8 years! We started dating at the end of 7th grade.(Yes we did win cutest couple in high school. (This was 2012 when we first started dating.) (This is not a wedding photo it was our 6 year anniversary) -I am on my third round of listening to Harry Potter in less than a year -All I listen to is Disney music -I am in love with musicals! (Les Miserable, Little Shop of Horrors, Annie are some of my favorites) -Fun Fact: I saw the movie Annie (1982 version) so many times as a child that I thought that they were my memories and would scream in public places "I WANT MY REAL FAMILY!"  -One of my biggest dreams is to have kids and give them the most magical childhoods possible: I really want to take my kids to Disney World as much as possible in costumes that I w

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear

Week 7 Story: Your Worst Fear Meme Authors Note: Source .   Indian Myth and Legend   by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913). I really liked the description of the monster in the tale, and it made me want to write a rhyme describing a monster in detail. I hope you enjoy!! How can one capture the horror? For this description is no snorer. I speak of a beast Who enjoys to feast. His hunger is only satisfied by the juicy flesh of many a human being. When mortal souls look upon him you know they are peeing. To give you an idea of his features that are so chilling. With simply a glance they could sure be killing. He is truly grim to behold. On him grows plenty of mold. Gazing into his blood red piercing eyes Could result in one’s demise. His skin was grey as ash, But he’s a messy eater so there is a red splash. With a mouth like a chasm, He uses his powerful jaws with enthusiasm. This mouth reeked of decay. This is from his rotting prey